An Open Letter to the Girl Who Forgot to Love Herself




Dear Girl-Who-Forgot-to-Love-Herself,

From the deepest parts of my soul, I want to let you know that I love you. I want that to sink it. Read it over and over and over and over again. Now say it aloud. 

It might not mean much on a screen, but I genuinely and utterly love you. Yes, I admit that I don't know every detail of what you're going through, but know that your life has purpose and incredible value. I also want to let you know that it's going to be okay. It might not feel like it right now, but there is a reason that you are in this situation. There may be a lot of pain and hurt and I don't know why your story had to go the way that it did, just know that it is your story. It is unlike any other story.

Your circumstance is going to be turned for good. And it is going to be good! You are going to bring so much light to so many people and you are going to give them hope and remind them that they are loved. I want you to remember that there are people in this world that love you.

You are important and you did not deserve to be overlooked. Your voice, mind, and body is so worthy of being heard, known, and seen. 

And I want to say that I'm sorry. I am so sorry-- I am so so sorry for the pain that you're going through, but know that I am there with you and I understand. I am there sitting and listening; crying and laughing; holding and hugging you with you. 

It's okay that you forgot to love yourself. It's okay that you don't understand, but I want to remind you that you are worthy of so much love. 

Worthy
     [wur-thee]
     adjective, wor-thi-er, wor-thi-est.
(1) having adequate or great merit, character, or value: a worthy successor. (2) of commendable excellence or merit; deserving a book worthy of praise; a person worthy to lead. 

You are so worthy. Take a moment to say that out loud. You are worthy of attention and respect. I'm sorry for people who have treated you less and told you to do things in order to get their acceptance. I want you to know that you do not need to do anything in order to belong-- you already do. By being completely who you are, find identity in the One that has created you for grace, beauty, and love-- you were created to love and to be loved. I'm sorry that you took your heart out of your own chest, willing to give people a place to belong and in the end for it to be thrown out the window. I am so sorry that as you loved, people were not doing the same for you. I am so sorry that your circumstance happened the way that it did, but there is power in your story. 

Remember that before you can love someone else, you have to know how to love yourself.

There was a moment when I, too, forgot to love myself. I forgot who I was and the only reassurance I had was from those I was able to share my story and there were few, yet, due to the few, I see them as jewels. Jewels highly contrasted against the darkness of my own mind. There was a deep pocket in my own heart that could never be filled. I have now been able to find who I am and rejoice in the redemption and significance in who I am and who's I am

If your heart is broken, let it break because beauty will come from it, but remember do not let your heart break just for it to break again. Take care of it and know that you are royalty-- you are a daughter of a King and I champion you to be powerful. I hope that as long as you keep your heart close, do not share your heart too often that you forget where you left it. 

Being a woman makes you powerful and I know you can shake the earth. If you could remember one thing from this letter, REMEMBER that I love you. 

With Love,
MJ

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dear Tizaporah • Theme by Maira G.